Some Advice for registering Domains
Register more than one Domain suffix:
We would recommend registering a Business Name in at least .com and .co.uk suffixes, which will help protect your name against:
- Other businesses trying to cash in on your name (cybersquatters).
- Legitimate businesses with a similar name to your own.
Remember that domains registered with other suffixes, are just as likely to appear in search engine results.
Know the Rules
- A domain name can only consist of alphanumeric characters (letters and numbers) and the punctuation mark dash (-). However, it must begin and end with either a letter or number.
- A domain name is not case sensitive, so it doesn't matter whether you type in upper or lower case characters.
- The Internet does not recognise gaps between letters or words so they must be removed or replaced by hyphens in both domain names and email addresses.
- It is advisable for practical and aesthetic reasons to limit a name to less than twenty characters, but it must be more than 2 characters long.